Skip to main content

Christmas Eve

Delaney's S. S. class (+ the three-year-olds)
I love Christmas Eve - getting together at my parents' house, the church program, the candle lighting, seeing a church full to the brim with people - everything!  It's always been that way for me.  This year I was really overcome during the "Stable Lights" program at our church.  It was quite a sacred and holy moment that I want to keep with me for a good long while!  The light has truly come into the darkness.  Now, it's up to us to share it!
Singing "Must Be Jesus"
Singing from the hymn book before their part begins
(with Alece, Skyler, and Javin)
My niece, Addi, got to be Mary this year!
Sharing the light
Nervous about the light?

Cambry and Delaney each prepared a piece to share during the service - one of the traditions of this program.  Delaney sang "Happy Christmas" (without standing, I might add) and Cambry played "For the Beauty of the Earth" on the piano.  It wasn't a Christmas song, but her piano teacher reported to me that she chose it because there's just "so much beauty in the earth!"  :)  Take a listen:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Christmas Surprise

 On Dec. 22, I woke up to Caiden not feeling well. In fact, he said he hadn't ever felt the kind of pain he was experiencing that morning. Reluctantly, I made an appointment. Long story, short - it was good he complained because he ended up having his appendix out that afternoon! It must have been at the very beginning stages and thankfully hadn't burst. So, we were in and out of the hospital by midnight that night. Maybe the worst part about the whole thing is that his wisdom teeth surgery had to be postponed since it was supposed to be the very next week. He'll go back to school minus an appendix, but still having his wisdom teeth until February 16! Pre-op Post-op

Mid-Summer Happenings

 I'm trying to remember that I craved "slow and easy" days during the school year, and I feel like that's what I've had this summer. It has been refreshing to wake up in the morning and have a flexible to-do list; although I have to admit that some days do feel long. I suppose that helps me appreciate my teaching job! In not particular order, here's what we've been up to: Endless fixing and revamping in the shop: Digging up potatoes and pulling up a generous onion crop! Look at the size of that potato! The 4th of July fireworks were outdone by the sky this year! Enjoying my walks at sunset: Many, many green beans to can and pickle. Thanks to the girls for cleaning and stemming them! I had been keeping tabs on an Oriole nest near the garden, and one Sunday, I witnessed the "fly-away!" It was a noisy affair as the parents and babies kept calling back and forth. I almost can't get over the fact that I had time to stand and watch the whole affair

League Champs!!

 Delaney and her teammates had an amazing volleyball season! They ended the season undefeated in the Wheat State League, and they only lost 2 matches overall. They had a notable win over Moundridge, 2 wins over Elyria, and THREE wins over Little River - all teams we have had trouble with in the past. They were so fun to watch, working as a team and developing throughout the season, and they ended as the league tournament champs. Thanks to Raechel Boese and Tara Churchill for their work with these ladies. What a fantastic way to end Delaney's middle school volleyball days! The immediate aftermath of a 3-set win over Elyria for  the League Championship! A Team 8th Graders Team Selfie Coaches Churchill and Boese Scenes from the BIG win over Moundridge: