Skip to main content

Busy Friday

We have had one day of "summer" and it feels like we've done so much!  

We went to the library first thing Friday morning because the kids had been cut off from the school library for a week.  They were actually counting down the days until they could go - Chelan wonders if this is normal!  We actually were part of a record-setting day - 62 patrons visited the library on Friday (that's small town living for you)!  

Caiden has been busy mowing.

We moved Cambry into Delaney's room (it will be a work in progress for a while).

I sat down to give Cambry a little sewing lesson.  Admittedly, I'm probably the least qualified person to be doing this (I've sewed exactly 3 valances and 1 pillowcase in my adulthood), but one of the blogs I follow had a "Sewing with Kids" series.  The first lesson was to have her follow a maze and do a dot-to-dot with just the needle, no thread.  I figured I could handle that!  At least she can become familiar with the basics.  She LOVED it!   Here's the link:  Skip To My Lou

Arriving home on the last day of school
Caiden was pretty excited about that tote he's
carrying - it's filled with s'mores ingredients!  He
won it for being the boy with the most
Accelerated Reader points in the school.
Newly-Retired Grandpa was even waiting for the kids!
Sewing her maze

If you look closely, it's supposed to be a
sewing machine
New roommates!  They think it's neat that Cambry sleeps where
Uncle Treg used to sleep, and Delaney is on the side of the room
where Dad used to sleep!

Comments

  1. Ummmmm - sort of jealous of that Grandpa - this Grammy and Papa are missing out!
    Caiden - we are SO PROUD of you for all of your reading!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Christmas Surprise

 On Dec. 22, I woke up to Caiden not feeling well. In fact, he said he hadn't ever felt the kind of pain he was experiencing that morning. Reluctantly, I made an appointment. Long story, short - it was good he complained because he ended up having his appendix out that afternoon! It must have been at the very beginning stages and thankfully hadn't burst. So, we were in and out of the hospital by midnight that night. Maybe the worst part about the whole thing is that his wisdom teeth surgery had to be postponed since it was supposed to be the very next week. He'll go back to school minus an appendix, but still having his wisdom teeth until February 16! Pre-op Post-op

Mid-Summer Happenings

 I'm trying to remember that I craved "slow and easy" days during the school year, and I feel like that's what I've had this summer. It has been refreshing to wake up in the morning and have a flexible to-do list; although I have to admit that some days do feel long. I suppose that helps me appreciate my teaching job! In not particular order, here's what we've been up to: Endless fixing and revamping in the shop: Digging up potatoes and pulling up a generous onion crop! Look at the size of that potato! The 4th of July fireworks were outdone by the sky this year! Enjoying my walks at sunset: Many, many green beans to can and pickle. Thanks to the girls for cleaning and stemming them! I had been keeping tabs on an Oriole nest near the garden, and one Sunday, I witnessed the "fly-away!" It was a noisy affair as the parents and babies kept calling back and forth. I almost can't get over the fact that I had time to stand and watch the whole affair

League Champs!!

 Delaney and her teammates had an amazing volleyball season! They ended the season undefeated in the Wheat State League, and they only lost 2 matches overall. They had a notable win over Moundridge, 2 wins over Elyria, and THREE wins over Little River - all teams we have had trouble with in the past. They were so fun to watch, working as a team and developing throughout the season, and they ended as the league tournament champs. Thanks to Raechel Boese and Tara Churchill for their work with these ladies. What a fantastic way to end Delaney's middle school volleyball days! The immediate aftermath of a 3-set win over Elyria for  the League Championship! A Team 8th Graders Team Selfie Coaches Churchill and Boese Scenes from the BIG win over Moundridge: