Skip to main content

Fall Days

October has been zooming by, and I realized I hadn't blogged in quite a while - perhaps because we have been busy with fall-ish things!  Here are some very random thoughts I have had recently, along with some pictures of what we have been up to.

1.  My new favorite Pandora station is "Phillip Phillips"  How did I discover this?  If anyone watched the Summer Olympics as religiously as we did, you probably heard the song "Home" before the women's gymnastics coverage each night.  I had wondered who sang that song, so I finally Googled it last week - turns out it is Phillip Phillips - last season's American Idol winner.  Wow - does he have some great songs!

2.  A certain 2 year old has decided that she should take off her pajamas as soon as she gets into bed each night.  I don't know if it's because she just figured out how to use the zipper, if it's simply something to do, or if she really doesn't like to be so covered up.  She has never let us cover her up with blankets at night.  I do know that she comes down in the middle of the night, cold, sometimes diaper-less, and with pajamas in her hand!

3.  I am very excited to watch a K-State football game in my own living room tomorrow night - it's finally on a station we have (if reception is good, that is), and we don't have any other plans!  I'm not sure if it's because we know one of the players, but I've become very attached to this team.  I tend to do that - I find something that connects me, and I get emotionally attached (teams, political candidates, you name it).  Silly, I know!

4.  I introduced the game "Annie Over" to Caiden last week.  We played over the hay pile.  It's a hard game to play with just 2 people!  We eventually moved over to our garage roof - it was a little easier to sneak up on him that way!

5.  Chelan and his dad have been busy with sowing wheat and cutting the remaining soybeans.  We keep busy doing other things:

We took a trip to Papa's Pumpkin Patch last Friday with my mom and my sister.  It was awesome - mostly because we heard thunder rolling in the whole time!


The animals are always a big hit!
Relaxing in the tire swing - Oh. Those. Eyes!
Pumpkin slingshots
New friends - this is Quinley.  She and Delaney will be in the same class
someday.  Her parents are co-owners of the patch and it
surrounds their house.



Yes, that is our 8-year-old on the roof.  He decided to clean out the gutters last weekend, and I let him.  He's the man of the house when Dad's away!  Cambry helped, too.  She opted to stay on the ladder, though.  We have many, many trees around our house, and the gutters are constantly full.  It's a good thing they got it done - we had almost 2 inches of rain last weekend!




This is what Delaney did during the gutter-cleaning --
she just stood around and looked cute!

Comments

  1. I was wondering if Delaney ever wore her tutu - I guess she does:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Christmas Surprise

 On Dec. 22, I woke up to Caiden not feeling well. In fact, he said he hadn't ever felt the kind of pain he was experiencing that morning. Reluctantly, I made an appointment. Long story, short - it was good he complained because he ended up having his appendix out that afternoon! It must have been at the very beginning stages and thankfully hadn't burst. So, we were in and out of the hospital by midnight that night. Maybe the worst part about the whole thing is that his wisdom teeth surgery had to be postponed since it was supposed to be the very next week. He'll go back to school minus an appendix, but still having his wisdom teeth until February 16! Pre-op Post-op

Mid-Summer Happenings

 I'm trying to remember that I craved "slow and easy" days during the school year, and I feel like that's what I've had this summer. It has been refreshing to wake up in the morning and have a flexible to-do list; although I have to admit that some days do feel long. I suppose that helps me appreciate my teaching job! In not particular order, here's what we've been up to: Endless fixing and revamping in the shop: Digging up potatoes and pulling up a generous onion crop! Look at the size of that potato! The 4th of July fireworks were outdone by the sky this year! Enjoying my walks at sunset: Many, many green beans to can and pickle. Thanks to the girls for cleaning and stemming them! I had been keeping tabs on an Oriole nest near the garden, and one Sunday, I witnessed the "fly-away!" It was a noisy affair as the parents and babies kept calling back and forth. I almost can't get over the fact that I had time to stand and watch the whole affair

League Champs!!

 Delaney and her teammates had an amazing volleyball season! They ended the season undefeated in the Wheat State League, and they only lost 2 matches overall. They had a notable win over Moundridge, 2 wins over Elyria, and THREE wins over Little River - all teams we have had trouble with in the past. They were so fun to watch, working as a team and developing throughout the season, and they ended as the league tournament champs. Thanks to Raechel Boese and Tara Churchill for their work with these ladies. What a fantastic way to end Delaney's middle school volleyball days! The immediate aftermath of a 3-set win over Elyria for  the League Championship! A Team 8th Graders Team Selfie Coaches Churchill and Boese Scenes from the BIG win over Moundridge: